This Terms of Business document sets out the terms and conditions under which we conduct our business.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Firm Reference Number is 679297. We are permitted to act as a Credit Broker.
You may check this information on the FCA’s Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting them on 0800 111 6768 (Freephone).
• We offer vehicle leasing and contract purchase products from a selected panel of lenders. All our products are related to the leasing or purchase of a vehicle.
• Our selected panel of lenders includes: Alphabet GB Ltd, Arval Ltd, Leaseplan UK Ltd and Lex Autolease Ltd (and, on occasion, the finance arms of some manufacturers)
• We are not linked to any of our lending panel members
• We do not fund any credit contracts ourselves; all credit applications are introduced to a third party lender
• After assessing your needs and circumstances we will provide you with an advice and recommendation service tailored to your needs
• We encourage you to ask us at any stage anything that is unclear and obtain independent legal advice if you still do not fully understand the credit arrangements
• Please note unless we are satisfied you fully understand the terms and conditions of the finance you are applying for we will be unable to make the introduction to the finance company. This is for our mutual protection
• We recognise it is important for customers to be able to shop around for credit and alternative sources of credit
• Explain the key features of the regulated credit agreement to enable you make an informed choice
• Take reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that a product we wish to recommend to you is not unsuitable for your needs and circumstances
• Advise you to read, and allow you sufficient opportunity to consider, the terms and conditions of a credit agreement before entering into it
• Before referring you to a third party which carries on regulated activities obtain your consent, after having explained to you why your details are to be disclosed to that third party
• Before effecting an introduction of you to a lender explain how, when and where you may exercise your cancellation rights
We will quote figures based on our funders cost of funds. The funder has the right to change or decline these quotes on receipt of the full proposal.
We derive our income from commission and, in some cases, performance bonus payments for quality and volume of business that we introduce to a restricted panel of lenders: Alphabet GB Ltd, Arval Ltd, LeasePlan Ltd and Lex Autolease Ltd (and in some cases vehicle retailers). The amount we are paid can vary and may affect how much you pay. You are entitled, at any time, to request information regarding any payment which we may have received as a result of placing your finance with a funder.
If through exceptional circumstances Benchmark Leasing Limited or any of its Directors or other customers has a material interest in business you ask to be transacted for you, we will make you aware of the conflict of interest and we will obtain your consent before your instructions are carried out. A copy of our Conflicts of Interest Policy is available on request.
We always aim to treat you fairly. This means that we will always endeavour to:
Conduct our business with due skill, care and integrity
Never put ourselves in a position where our primary duty to you is compromised
Deal with any complaint sympathetically and independently of the colleague to whom the complaint is directed
Be transparent in the matter of our remuneration
Respect your confidentiality
In order for us to fulfil our responsibilities to you, you must:
Read the documentation we give you and let us know if there is anything that is unclear or that does not represent your requirements
Comply with the terms and conditions of any agreement we arrange for you
We are registered under the Data Protection Regulations and abide by the requirements of the Regulations. The information we receive from you is used to provide quotations and arrange finance with a funder. You have the right to cancel your authority to use such information. Before or after you enter into any agreement with a funder, to help make credit decisions, the funder will make a credit search with a credit reference agency. If you are a company or partnership they will also make enquiries about the principle director(s) or partner(s) with a credit reference agency. Full details of the use and disclosure of your information by the funder is contained within the terms and conditions of any agreement which you should read before signing.
All customers’ records are treated as private and confidential and Benchmark Leasing Limited therefore reserves the right to give you copies of your particular records rather than allow access to files containing records concerning other clients. If you want sight of your records please send a request to Benchmark Leasing Limited, 11 High Street, Eton, Berkshire SL4 6AS
We are required to verify your identity in accordance with the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA) and the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
If you wish to register a complaint please contact Mr Ian Wilson, Managing Director, in writing at Benchmark Leasing Limited, 11 High Street, Eton, Berkshire SL4 6AS or by telephone on 01753 859944. Our internal complaints procedure is available on request.
You may be entitled to refer a complaint against us to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are not satisfied with our response. The contact details are as follows:
The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
Website – http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
Tel: 0800 023 4 567